Creating a romantic night is so much more than just setting up food with some cocktails; it’s about getting the air to tingle with anticipation as you bring a rainbow of notes to your lips.
What better to celebrate the Day of Love than with love potions, like the one made by the Love God Cupid himself?
Try any of these rich cocktails and you won’t regret the good time that will come out of it, especially on the day of love or date night – the perfect Vodka valentine drinksis just a sip away.
What Vodka to Use for Cocktails
Vodka is not always vodka as each bottle and manufacturer will use different simple ingredients and distilling methods, here’s a short list of the best ones to use for any of classic cocktail and why:
- Grey Goose – made from wheat and spring water and popular for martinis
- Belvedere – Polish rye vodka with a full-bodied flavor and a smooth, clean finish
- Russian Standard – Russian brand with a pure, clean taste and made with traditional Russian vodka-making methods
- Cîroc – Polish brand with different base ingredients (potato, rye, or wheat) and has a more creamy, full-bodied taste
1. Raspberry Romance Cocktail
As soon as you take your first sip of this delicious cocktail, you’re tasting the sweet, sweet raspberries followed by a smooth caress of vodka that feels like a warm hug. The tropical sweetness of pineapple melds into this rendezvous, bringing a brightness like a soft touch that sets your heart aflutter.
- 2 oz Vodka
- 1 oz Chambord or raspberry liqueur
- 2 oz Pineapple juice
- Fresh raspberries for garnish (fresh fruit is best!)
- Vodka – Raspberry vodka, gin
- Chambord – Raspberry syrup, crème de cassis
- Pineapple Juice – Cranberry juice, apple juice
- Fresh Raspberries – Blackberries, strawberry slices
How to Make Raspberry Romance Cocktail for Valentine’s Day
Step 1: Use a cocktail shaker and fill it with ice, then add vodka, Chambord and pineapple juice – shake it vigorously to mix well.
Step 2: Strain the raspberry mixture into a chilled martini glass and garnish with fresh raspberries and mint on the rim.
- Use fresh raspberries both in the shaker and for garnish, this will give it a fresher taste.
- Pre-chill your martini glass in the freezer for a few minutes or in the fridge for longer, it will keep your cocktail cold and refreshing.
- Chambord is the liquor that gives it that richer raspberry flavor, however, if you don’t have that available, you can use vodka infused with raspberries.
- Make this drink ahead of time for a party by mixing everything in a large pitcher and keeping it refrigerated.
2. Love Potion Martini – Love Potion Vodka Cocktail
Picture this: you raise a glass, and the contents sparkle like the sun setting over the horizon: a cocktail of rich and tart cranberry juice and delicious, juicy peach schnapps.The flawless and silky vodka is the foundation of this love potion drink, a subtle vow to love’s unbreakable power – it’d be a shame to spend Valentine’s Day without this true love potion.
- 2 oz Vodka
- 1 oz Peach schnapps
- 2 oz Cranberry juice
- A splash of club soda
- A twist of lemon peel for garnish
- Vodka – Citrus-flavored vodka, white rum
- Peach Schnapps – Apricot liqueur, orange liqueur
- Cranberry Juice – Pomegranate juice, raspberry juice
- Club Soda – Lemon-lime soda, tonic water
- Lemon Peel – Orange peel, lime peel, blood orange peel (for color)
How to Make a Love Potion Martini for Valentine’s Day
Step 1: Chill the martini glass in either the fridge, freezer, or by filling it with ice.
Step 2: Add ice, vodka, peach schnapps, and cranberry juice to a shaker and mix it well before straining it into a chilled martini glass.
Step 3: Top your Love Potion Cocktail with a splash of club soda and garnish with a lemon twist.
What Peach Snaps to Use
- DeKuyper Peachtree Schnapps – clear but strong peach flavor
- Archers Peach Schnapps – subtle and refined peach flavor
- Rothman & Winter Orchard Peach Liqueur – made with real peaches and gives you more of a natural, ripe peach flavor without being overly sweet
- Drillaud Peach Liqueur – rich and natural peach taste
- You can adjust the peach schnapps and cranberry juice to match a sweetness you prefer.
- Twist the lemon peel over the drink to release the oils, this will add a subtle citrus aroma.
- Use a fine mesh strainer when pouring to remove any ice shards.
3. Cupid’s Arrow
In a moment suspended between the magic of myth and the warmth of love, this Cupid’s Arrow cocktail stands to prove what love really feels like. With each ingredient in this cocktail, it’s like a feather on Cupid’s arrow, ready to lay the foundation for a night to remember. The vibrant, spirited essence of vodka takes the sweetness of orange liqueur to an entirely new level of intoxicating rush that’s ready to burst in your chest. Pomegranate juice, as red as the blushing cheeks after sweet-nothings, full of promise and excitement – just like the time with your beloved.
So, ready to take your night to the next level with this cocktail?
- 1 1/2 oz Vodka
- 1/2 oz Orange liqueur
- 1/2 oz Pomegranate juice
- 1/2 oz Lime juice
- Pomegranate seeds for garnish
- Vodka – Citron vodka, silver tequila
- Orange Liqueur – Triple sec, Grand Marnier
- Pomegranate Juice – Cherry juice, acai berry juice
- Lime Juice – Lemon juice, yuzu juice
- Pomegranate Seeds – Cherry, raspberry
How to Make Cupid’s Arrow for Valentine’s Day
Step 1: Chill your cocktail glass first.
Step 2: Add ice to your cocktail shaker before adding vodka, orange liqueur, pomegranate juice, and lime juice – shake it well for 10-15 seconds.
Step 3: Strain your cocktail mixture into a chilled glass and garnish with fresh pomegranate seeds.
What Orange Liqueur to use?
- Grand Marnier – a blend of Cognac and distilled bitter orange essence
- Cointreau – a premium triple sec with a perfect balance of sweet and bitter orange peels
- Pierre Ferrand Dry Curaçao – made from the peels of Curaçao oranges and blended with brandy and Cognac
- Patrón Citrónge Orange – from the makers of Patrón tequila and made from organic oranges
- If possible, use fresh pomegranate juice for a more authentic and fresh flavor.
- To balance the flavors better, shake the cocktail well.
- Use a spoon to float pomegranate seeds on top of the drink for a visually appealing garnish – alternatively, you can add some ice cubes to it, so the pomegranate seeds can float easier on top of the cocktail.
- Play around with garnishes, add a lime slice, ice cubes, and pomegranate seeds into your cocktail for a twist.
4. Strawberry Kiss Cocktail
Ever tried a poetic expression in a glass that’s ready to capture the essence of a lover’s first kiss? This cocktail shows a vivid burst of strawberry that intertwines with the smooth, clear vodka, resembling that faster-beating heart as lips touch one another. With every sip, you’re going on a journey of sweetness and tartness that’s garnished with fresh strawberries that leave a sweet reminder to toast to the beauty of being with the one who holds your heart – ready to have an unforgettable time?
– 2 oz Vodka
– 1 oz Strawberry liqueur or puree
– 1 oz Simple syrup
– 1/2 oz Lemon juice
– Fresh strawberries for garnish
- Vodka – Strawberry-flavored vodka, tequila, Absolut Vodka, Russian Standard Vodka
- Strawberry liqueur – Frangelico Strawberry Liqueur, Crème de Fraise des Bois by Giffard, Fraise de Bois by Vedrenne, or Luxardo Fraise
- Strawberry puree – Raspberry liqueur, fresh raspberry puree
- Simple syrup – Honey, agave syrup
- Lemon juice – Lime juice, orange juice
- Fresh strawberries – Fresh raspberries, blackberries
How to Make a Strawberry Kiss Cocktail for a Romantic Evening
Step 1: Add fresh strawberries and some syrup or honey in a shaker, before muddling the strawberries gently – you don’t want to fully smash them, you just want to have the juices and flavor of them.
Step 2: Add vodka, strawberry liqueur or puree, and lemon juice with ice – then shake it vigorously to mix well.
Step 3: Strain the cocktail mixture into a glass filled with ice cubes (the bigger the better!) and garnish with a few strawberry slices inside or on the rim – even better if you make strawberry hearts!
- Use strawberry puree as it’s smoother and free of chunks for a more consistent texture.
- If your strawberries are sweet, then you won’t need as much syrup or honey – adjust accordingly.
- For a sweet surprise, garnish your cocktail glass rim by rubbing some lemon on the rim and then pressing it lightly onto pink or red edible glitter.
5. Red Velvet Valentine Cocktail
Picture this: you’re with your loved one, and the world around you is slowly fading into a soft blur, with only the cocktail and your beloved capturing your full attention. As you take your first sip, you notice the smooth, velvety touch mingling with vanilla-flavored vodka, rich and romantic, that conjures images of those sweet, whispered nothings and the warmth that’s between you two. Creamy essence blends seamlessly with the white Crème de Cacao, giving it a timeless touch like love letters sealed with a kiss – what are you waiting for?
- 2 oz Vanilla flavored Vodka
- 1 oz Crème de Cacao (white)
- 1 oz Half-and-half or cream
- Chocolate shavings for garnish
- Vanilla Flavored Vodka – Whipped cream-flavored vodka, almond-flavored liqueur
- Crème de Cacao (White) – Chocolate liqueur, Irish cream, Kahlua
- Half-and-half or Cream – Almond milk, coconut cream
- Chocolate Shavings – Cocoa powder, chocolate syrup
How to Make Velvet Valentine Cocktail
Step 1: Combine vanilla vodka, crème de cacao, and half-and-half in a shaker with ice – shake well.
Step 2: Strain the drink mixture into a chilled martini glass and garnish with chocolate shavings.
- For a nuanced flavor use a higher quality vanilla-flavored vodka like Grey Goose La Vanille, Absolut Vanilia, Belvedere Vanilla, or Stolichnaya Stoli Vanil.
- Create your own chocolate shavings by using a vegetable peeler on a chocolate bar.
- Rim your martini glass with cocoa powder for a more sophisticated look.